The kne ejoint includes the tibiofemoral, patellofemoral and superior tibiofibular joints.
There are two menisci which are semilunar-shaped discs of fibrocartilage between the femoral condyles and tibial plateaus.
Their main functions are shock absorption and stability enhancement.
There are many ligaments to provide stability and prevent excessive motion.
The anterior cruciate ligament (ACL), posterior cruciate ligament (PCL), medial collateral ligament (MCL), and lateral collateral ligament (LCL) are the key ligaments for stabilization of the knee join.
Long Knee Immobilizer Application:
- Knee Immobilization in Post Operation.
- Severe knee injuries
- Knee Contracture.
- Emergency case.
- Designed for all knee sizes with adjustable support.
- Prophilaxy for future injuries.
- With the benefit of 4 solid aluminum Stays holds the knee joint completely immobilized.
- The height of this product is 60 cm
- Made of high quality and anti-allergenic elastic fabric.
Donning and Doffing:
- Apply support to the knee.
- Wrap and seure the straps.
When to use Long Knee Immobilizer:
- If you are using this product with orthopedic prescription , use this product according to the doctor’s order.
- Else , use this product only when you are awake for 8 weeks.
Washing orthopedic supports:
- Remove stays (if it is removable).
- Use cold water for washing.
- It’s better to use weak laundry defergent.