Shoulder Girdle Support is one of the products in posture aid category and it’s used after operation and recurrent dislocation of the shoulder.
The shoulder joints consist of the glenohumeral joint.acromioclavicular joint, sternoclavicular joint and the scapulothoracic joint.
The bony structures consist of the humerus, scapula, and clavicle.
Soft tissue includes muscles, for example the rotator cuff muscles (Supraspinatus, Infraspinatus, Subscapularis, and Teres Minor), several ligaments including the coracoclavicular (trapezoid and conoid), coracohumeral, and coracoacromial ligament and others, labrum, bursas and brachial plexus nerve.
The shoulder joint is the most active and complex joint of the body.
The capsule and ligament act as stabilizers, while the muscles and tendons play a dynamic role.
- provide extra support for the shoulder.
- Allows the patient gradually return to full range of motion.
- Made of high quality and anti-allergenic elastic fabric.
Donning and Doffing:
- Insert hand into the ring of support.
- Pull the sleeve up the arm to shoulder.
- Pull the strap around the armpit of the opposite arm and close front of support.
- Be sure the support fits snugly on the shoulder.
Shoulder Girdle Support Application:
- Recurrent dislocation of the shoulder.
- After operation.
When to use Shoulder Girdle Support:
- If you are using this product with orthopedic prescription , use this product according to the doctor’s order.
- Else , use this product only when you are awake for 8 weeks.
Washing orthopedic supports:
- Use cold water for washing.
- It’s better to use weak laundry defergen.