The spine has three main sections, cervical, thoracic, and lumbar.
There are seven cervical vertebrae (C1-C7), twelve thoracic (T1-T12), and five lumbar (L1-L5).
In addition, there are two fused vertebrae, the sacrum and the coccyx.
Normal curvature is lordotic (eyes pointing up).we have lordotic in the lumbar region and kyphotic in the thoracic region.
The primary spinal functions are to maintain an erect posture, provide stability and mobility, transmit loads, absorb shocks, and protect the spinal cord.
- Provides even distribution of pressure.
- Hook and loop closure for easy application and removal.
- Made of high quality and anti-allergenic elastic fabric.
Donning and Doffing:
- Loosen strap and position the center of rib belt in the upper back area, then bring the panels around to the front .
- Fasten the belt snugly.
Sternum Support Application:
- Rib fracture
- Intercostal muscle strain
- Chest pain
- After heart surgery
When to use Sternum Support:
If you are using this product with orthopedic prescription , use this product according to the doctor’s order.
Else , use this product only when you are awake for 8 weeks.
Washing orthopedic supports:
- Use cold water for washing.
- It’s better to use weak laundry defergent.