Arm sling is one of the products in Arm slings category and it’s used for brachial nerve injury and upper arm fracture.
The shoulder joints consist of the glenohumeral joint, acromioclavicular joint, sternoclavicular joint and the scapulothoracic joint. The bony structures consist of the humerus, scapula, and clavicle. Soft tissue includes muscles, for example the rotator cuff muscles (Supraspinatus, Infraspinatus, Subscapularis, and Teres Minor), several ligaments including the coracoclavicular (trapezoid and conoid), coracohumeral, and coracoacromial ligament and others, labrum, bursas and brachial plexus nerve. The shoulder joint is the most active and complex joint of the body. The capsule and ligament act as stabilizers, while the muscles and tendons play a dynamic role.
- Brachial nerve injury
- Adjustability of elbow joint angle
- Upper arm fracture
- Shoulder subluxation/ dislocation
- Post surgical protection
Arm Sling Features:
- Supports the arm and carries the weight across the back and shoulder.
- Universal design fits right or left arm.
- Adjustable slide buckle for proper height adjustment.
- Comfortable lightweight material.
- The use of porous fabric has provides in-product ventilation.
Donning and Doffing:
- Insert forearm in the sling.
- Pull strap over the shoulder. Insert the hook end of the strap into the buckle.
- Adjust the length of the shoulder strap so the elbow joint rests at an approximate 90° angle. Then fasten the hook and loop closure to tighten.
When to use Arm Sling:
- If you are using this product with orthopedic prescription , use this product according to the doctor’s order.
- Else , use this product only when you are awake for 8 weeks.
- when washing this product use cold water.