Shoulder Abduction Pillow 60° is one of the products in Arm slings category and it’s used for brachial nerve injury and upper arm fracture.
The shoulder joints consist of the glenohumeral joint, acromioclavicular joint, sternoclavicular joint and the scapulothoracic joint. The bony structures consist of the humerus, scapula, and clavicle. Soft tissue includes muscles, for example the rotator cuff muscles (Supraspinatus, Infraspinatus, Subscapularis, and Teres Minor), several ligaments including the coracoclavicular (trapezoid and conoid), coracohumeral, and coracoacromial ligament and others, labrum, bursas and brachial plexus nerve. The shoulder joint is the most active and complex joint of the body. The capsule and ligament act as stabilizers, while the muscles and tendons play a dynamic role.
- Rotator cuff repairs
- Glenohumeral dislocations / subluxation
- Posterior/ Anterior capsule repairs
- Total shoulder reconstructions
- Global shoulder instability
- Soft tissue repairs
- Made of high density foam
- Made of anti-allergenic fabric
Shoulder Abduction Pillow 60° Features:
- Supports the arm and carries the weight across the back and shoulder.
- Universal design fits right or left arm.
- Adjustable slide buckle for proper height adjustment.
- Comfortable lightweight material.
- Available in three sizes (30 – 45 – 60)
- Universal left or right.
- Easy to fit pillow, sling and straps.
Donning and Doffing:
- Insert forearm in the sling pocket and pull strap over the shoulder, with pad behind the neck.
- insert the hook end of strap into the buckle and adjust the length of the shoulder strap so the elbow joint rests at an approximate 90 degree angle. Then
- fasten the hook and loop closure to tighten.
- Position the thoracic band in desired location and fasten with hook and loop closure. Sling may be used alone when pillow is no longer needed.
When to use Shoulder Abduction Pillow 60°:
- If you are using this product with orthopedic prescription , use this product according to the doctor’s order.
- Else , use this product only when you are awake for 8 weeks.
- when washing this product use cold water.
There are no reviews yet.