Semi-Rigid Cervical Collar is one of the products in cervical collars category and it’s used for neck pains.
The vertebral column is the defining characteristic of a vertebrate in which the notochord (a flexible rod of uniform composition) found in all chordates has been replaced by a segmented series of bone: vertebrae separated by intervertebral discs.
The vertebral column, also known as the backbone or spine,is part of the axial skeleton.
The spine has three main sections, cervical, thoracic, and lumbar. There are seven cervical vertebrae (C1-C7), twelve thoracic (T1-T12), and five lumbar (L1-L5). In addition, there are two fused vertebrae, the sacrum and the coccyx. Normal curvature is lordotic (eyes pointing up). we have lordotic in the lumbar region and kyphotic in the thoracic region. The primary spinal functions are to maintain an erect posture, provide stability and mobility, transmit loads, absorb shocks, and protect the spinal cord.
- Completely height-adjustable to provide desired flexion or extension positioning.
- Vinyl-covered foam padding for patient’s comfort and easy cleaning.
- Ventilated to allow air circulation.
- Hook and loop closure for quick, easy application and removal.
Donning and Doffing:
- Apply the collar to the neck with the chin on the chin rest.
- Adjust the height of the cervical collar using the hook and loop straps to decide the proper position of the head.
- Before attaching the hook and loop closure strap, make sure the head and neck are in neutral position.
- Fasten the hook and loop strap securely.
Semi-Rigid Cervical Collar Application:
- Post-surgical support.
- Cervical spondylosis.
- Cervical fracture.
When to use Semi-Rigid Cervical Collar:
- If you are using this product with orthopedic prescription , use this product according to the doctor’s order.
- Else , use this product only when you are awake for 8 weeks.
- when washing this product use cold water.